Monday, May 17, 2010

Four Months and Sitting in a Bumbo

Kenan turns exactly four months old today. His neck is getting stronger and when he is on his tummy, he can hold his head up for much longer time now, though he's not exactly keen on doing it.

At the same time, I've started to train him to sit up. After all, he doesn't like to be cradled anymore and wants us to carry him in a upright position.

So we recently rented a bumbo seat for Kenan. The first time I put him into the bumbo, he looked kinda of funny as his head wobbled and I started laughing. The little fellow lifted his head, looked at me and probably decided he didn't like what he saw. He knitted his brows, the two corners of his mouth dipped and a second later, he burst into tears and started crying his lungs out! I was shocked by his reaction but quickly went to him and tried taking him out of the Bumbo but his thighs got stuck! So a second round of laughter and even louder crying ensued. It was certainly one of Kenan's more hilarious moments.


Since then, Kenan is getting used to sitting in the Bumbo but he perspires quite easily in it. When that happens, he will start to fidget and wants to get out of it. Nevertheless, the seat can be quite useful during times when I want to have him nearby and yet not have to carry him, such as during meal hours. I'll just leave him in the Bumbo next to the dining table and he would sit there for about 10 to 15 minutes, enough time for me to quickly finish up my meal. But I wonder if we should get him a high chair instead. That way, he could see more and interact with us at the dining  table. Perhaps I could rent one and let him try it out. Looks like it's time to do some online research again.

Look how happy Kenan is sitting in the Bumbo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP