Monday, May 10, 2010

Random Thoughts



Being a work-at-home-mom (WAHM), I get to see my son 24/7. While I appreciate that I’m here and will get to witness his many firsts, the truth is, on most days, I would end up feeling bored. Besides feeding, bathing and changing diapers, we have so much time in between that I’m running out of ideas of what to do.

So what do we normally do anyway? Well, I would chat with him, read to him, give him tummy time and mirror time, put him on his play gym and sometimes in the evening, bring him down and for a walk round the vicinity. Incidentally, the six books I’ve borrowed for him using his library card have been read so many times I’m ready to puke if I’m to read it to him again.

Inevitably, I’m always looking forward to his nap hours when I can either work on my assignments or do my own stuff.

But I wonder, if my boy can speak now, what would he tell me? Will he say, “Mommy, I get tired of seeing you all the time!”, “Mommy, please go out and work to earn more money so you can buy me lots of toys and clothes!” or perhaps he would say, “Mommy, I really love playing with you! I like it when you teach me new things!”

I can’t be certain but judging from our time together, I would think he loves being with me.

However, one thing I can be sure of is that there will come a day when he is all grown up and doesn’t want to spend much time with me anymore. So I'll remind myself to cherish these special moments and be thankful that I can be around and watch him grow. After all, that's part of the joy of parenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP