Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Going Social



As a mom, time is very precious to me. Even now, I'm finding it a constant challenge to juggle the many roles I play - wife, working mom, daughter... you get the drift. So for a long time, I resisted getting involved with social media because I don't want to stretch myself thin with too many activities on top of family and work commitments. After all, I'm not someone who's crazy about chasing trends (among my friends, I was probably one of the last to change to a smartphone).

Yet I really didn't want to be left out. I'm curious about what's so exciting about Twitter or LinkedIn (I have a friend who raved about how LinkedIn has helped to bring in lots of freelance projects for her). At the very least, I want to know how these social networking sites work because I enjoy the challenge of learning something new.

So after much deliberation, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I've got a Twitter account that had been dormant for a while. I revived that and am still learning how to navigate my way around the world of tweets. Sometimes, the number of messages are just too overwhelming for me. I can't figure out how some people can follow so many others and keep up with the avalanche of tweets!

Next, I got myself a Pinterest account and now I'm hooked! I love this very visual networking tool and have so much fun creating boards and pinning photos of things that inspire me or brilliant ideas for home organising, toddler activities etc. I'm loving it!

Of course, I guess for me as a blogger, starting a Facebook page is another milestone for me. I look forward to sharing with you interesting stuff or useful information that I come across; I also hope to be able to interact more with you this platform.

So let's get connected!

Please visit the Mommy Cafe Facebook page here (please like my page, thanks!)
If you are interested to see my Pinterest boards, you can go here.
I'm also on LinkedIn over here, let's link up!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP