Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Simple Happiness

This has been a tiring week. The little boy is down with flu and hasn't been attending school. Besides fever, he's also having a running nose and is coughing so much that even his voice has started to turn a little hoarse (first time ever).

Little things, simple joys

Nevertheless, it's during moments like this that I feel especially fortunate to be a WAHM. If I had been working away from home, I'd be worried and probably be calling every other hour to check on his condition, since I can't fully trust a helper to take care of him and be able to make the right decisions.

It also reminds me to be thankful to a husband who is supportive of my decision to work from home (there are times I've taken this for granted). Given Singapore's high cost of living, many families are dual-income households with each spouse being responsible for equal share of the household expenses. It's thus not an easy decision to survive on one main income.

I'm thankful too, that despite being unwell, the little boy is still full of energy and is as active (and mischievous) as ever...



He's also been talking a lot and picking up simple phrases here and there and applying them to situations that often had us laughing:

Exclaiming "My gosh!" (I seriously don't know where he learnt this from, definitely not us) whenever we try to wrestle away from him things that we don't allow him to play with, such as the thermometer, canned food and pots.

Saying "Kenan good boy" when we call him "naughty boy" or comment that he's not behaving himself.

Telling me "Be careful!" when I was cutting his nails and it went a little too deep.

And we were the happiest when he finally remembered our names and accurately say it out.

Ah... the joys that a child brings.

However, because the boy has not being going to school, I didn't get much work done. Ironically, I ended up spending more time experimenting in the kitchen.


I made caramelised pork for the first time (followed a recipe I found online) and finally learnt how to fry fish properly using the HappyCall pan - more greaseless days ahead!

While the week went by in a seemingly 'unproductive' way, I'm thankful for the opportunity to slow down and enjoy the simple moments in life.



"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things."Robert Brault





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP