Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting Creative with the Big Blocks

The boy is getting creative.

Just last week, he made this structure right in the middle of the living room.


I asked him what was it and he replied, "Houses!"

"Huh?" I couldn't quite figure out how it resembles a house. He decided to help me out. 

With pride beaming across his face, he pointed to the windows and repeated the word "houses". I looked out and all of a sudden, I understood what he meant.

He was making these 'houses'! (or flats as we call them in Singapore)


How very clever right?

And I'm glad we still have the big blocks at home, which I purchased on impulse a while back. 

The moment it was delivered, I sort of regretted it. As you can see, these blocks can be built into life-size structures, so you can imagine how much space they occupy (as compared to a Lego set, which serves the same purpose anyway).

Haenim big blocks from Korea. Kenan and daddy building all kinds life-size structures e.g. table and chair, toy houses etc.


So for a while, I've been thinking about selling it off. Now that Kenan seems to enjoy playing with it and starts making something meaningful with them, I'm undecided. However, space is still my concern. What do you think? Do you think it's worth keeping? When it comes to your kid's toys, how do you decide whether to keep or give away/discard something?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP