Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Can Brush My Teeth!

Kenan has seven teeth since he was close to 11 months old and many people were often amazed by the number of teeth he has.

However, it hasn't been easy for us to clean his teeth. He used to allow us to clean his teeth but these days, he struggles every time I attempt to put the toothbrush into his mouth. I got really worried that he may end up with tooth decay.

The toothbrush that Kenan was using


Then I chanced upon Brush-Baby's "soft chewable toothbrush" at Kiddy Palace recently (S$8.90).

Meant for children from 10 months to 3 years ago, it is made of BPA-free silicone and uses babies' innate tendency to chew to clean their top and bottom teeth. According to the text on the packaging, the soft, chewable bristles can also help massage babies' gums or be cooled in the fridge to soothe teething gums (you can apply teething gel on it too).


  
A view from the front: The toothbrush has upper and lower bristles,
as well as bristles on both sides


I am quite happy ever since I started letting Kenan use this toothbrush as he is quite ready to 'brush' his teeth with it. My only complaint is that the length of the toothbrush is a bit too long and it isn't easy to fit it fully into Kenan's mouth. And because of that, I only apply toothpaste at one end instead of the centre, which was how I used to do.

For more information on Brush-Baby's toothbrush, visit their website at:
http://www.brushbaby.co.uk/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP