Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saluting All Breastfeeding Moms - Celebrating World Breastfeeding Week

I just realised that this is the World Breastfeeding Week after reading about it on some mommies' blogs.

While I have stopped breastfeeding Kenan since he was about 14 months, I've never stopped remembering how it was like. So yesterday, I went digging through thousands of photos on my laptop and found this:



Looking back on my motherhood journey, this is definitely a moment I'll cherish forever.

Though my breastfeeding days wasn't a breeze and there were challenges, I do miss holding my son close as I breastfed him. I believe to breastfeed a child is probably one of the most rewarding and fulfilling part of motherhood and the bond you share with the child is so amazing that it's really hard to describe.

A while back, I had wondered if my boy remembers being breastfed. So one day, I decided to ask him, "Kenan, do you remember mommy breastfeeding you?" He gave me a blank look and then broke into a smile. "Do you know where's mommy's milk?" I continued to quizzed him. The next thing I knew, he reached out his small hand and squeezed one of my breasts. He remembers! I was really touched beyond words. And till this day, whenever I asked him where's mommy's milk, he would still do the same.

In celebration of World Breastfeeding Week and to all moms who are breastfeeding their child, I salute you for your dedication. If you're facing some challenges with breastfeeding, I say, try to hang in there and get expert help if you need to. However, if you have to stop for whatever reasons, don't berate yourself. You've done your best for your child, that's what's important, and I admire you for having tried and given the best you could.

If you would like to know about my breastfeeding journey, you can read my post here. I hope to hear some of your experiences too! You can also read my posts on some nursing rooms/baby rooms in Singapore here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP