Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things are Looking Up

Although it's only the start of July, I'm already feeling that this is going to be one good month!

There were a few exciting things that took place over the last few days, beginning with the AGM of the AICI South-Asia Singapore Chapter on Friday. It was a good time catching up with all the image consultants, after being away for such a long while (since getting pregnant till now). Given the SATC theme, the AGM turned out to be a fashion extravaganza with all the members looking so stylish and gorgeous. It was certainly an inspiration, fashion wise!

Then on Monday, I went  for my makeover photo shoot. I need some professional photos for my potential website (or I might use it for business card, not decided yet). I've not had any photos taken at a studio since my wedding, so it really brought back a lot of fond memories.I had tonnes of fun, and really enjoyed getting dolled up by Amy and Cindy (makeup and hair respectively). I love you ladies, you both did such a wonderful job, I couldn't have ask for more!! Below are some candid shoots to share.


Getting the hair done by Cindy

Photographer Eng Howe from Montage Studios is a really funny guy!

Taking a glimpse of the photos

I'm having fun!


Events and activities aside, the real reason I am feeling happier is that I am finally getting back on track.  Honestly, the past few months have been some of the most challenging times I've ever experienced. As much as I love my son, I really can't give up my work, and it's been a constant struggle between wanting to give more time to my boy, and striving to achieve greater things in my career. There was a fleeting moment when I had thought of giving my boy a sibling, but I can't imagine going through the whole cycle a second time. I'm only starting to get my life back, I can't bear the thought of losing it again.

But whatever it is, I'll enjoy my time now.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Things are looking up indeed. Good for you!

Ruth said...

Thanks dear! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP