Tuesday, May 24, 2011

From An Apple to Celebrating the Simple Joys of Life

Kenan loves fruits. He eats all kinds of fruits - including durian, which really surprised us. In fact, he seems to enjoy durian a lot.

The other day, I finally gave Kenan an apple to munch on. I thought since he now has two molars and with more erupting, perhaps he is able to eat the fruit without the need to cut it into tiny pieces.

He was thrilled when I took out the apple from the fridge and showed it to him. He watched me earnestly as I cut away the skin and kept saying "apple" with great excitement. He then held it in his two small hands like a precious gem as he walked out from the kitchen to the living room, before finally sinking his tiny teeth into it.





As I watched him chomp away happily at his apple, I am reminded again to be thankful for the small things in life and to appreciate the simple joys and beauty that God surround us with everyday.

I have learnt that often, it is the simple things in life that give us greater happiness than the material things we covet. The gorgeous sunset, beautiful smile on a baby's face, a tender kiss from the spouse, surprise call from a dear old friend, a book that inspires - small and insignificant as they seem to be, but isn't it usually these simple joys that has the special ability to touch our hearts and enrich our souls?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Mommy CafeDesigned by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP